2018 Summer Tutoring & Prices
Student Enrichment Program
Here at Shore Strides Tutoring we really value EDUCATION ENRICHMENT and we greatly believe in the importance of summer tutoring in order to avoid learning loss. There are many studies that show how detrimental the summer months can be for students who are not academically stimulated (i.e. those who do not attend educational summer programs or who do not receive tutoring during the summer months.)
According to the National Summer Learning Association, “Most students lose about two months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills (and spelling) over the summer months.” They also state that children perform better on standardized tests at the beginning of summer than they do at the end of summer. That long break away from learning leads kids to forget what they had previously been taught.
Because we believe that summer tutoring is essential, we want to ensure that the students of our community are preparing for the following school year and retaining all of the information they learned this school year.
If you are interested in receiving SUMMER TUTORING from SHORE STRIDES TUTORING LLC, please contact us via phone at (609) 891-6415 or via email at ShoreStridesTutoring@gmail.com to set up your Free In-Home Consultation today!
Many parents and students believe that summer is reserved for relaxing and having fun. Several parents don’t really stress the importance of keeping their kids mentally active during summer, because they think that the 2 to 3 months of summer break are well deserved. However, the consequences of this downtime can be pretty detrimental.
While we all deserve some down time to do nothing but rest and relax, too much rest and relaxation can lead to learning loss. Here are some reasons why summer tutoring is important to your child’s learning and retention of previously learned information:
1. It helps children retain information they already learned the previous year and it also helps prepare them for the new information they will be learning the following year.
2. Children are able to catch up during the summer and focus on the things that were giving them a hard time during the school year.
3. The tutor can assign your child homework, so that your child will not get lazy and get out of the habit of doing academic work for the 2 to 3 months of summer break.
4. Tutoring gives your child a set routine, which is a very healthy thing in a young child’s life because it promotes stability.
5. If your children fall behind, due to learning loss, they may find themselves struggling throughout the rest of the school year – tutoring can solve this issue.
6. According to the National Summer Learning Association, “Most students lose about two months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills (and spelling) over the summer months.”
7. The National Summer Learning Association states that, according to research, children perform better on standardized tests at the beginning of summer than they do at the end of summer. This is known as learning loss – that long break away from learning leads kids to forget what they had previously learned.
8. After the summer break, teachers spend up to 6 weeks teaching previously learned information again, because most kids have already forgotten it.
9. Many studies reveal that learning loss during the summer is more apparent in lower-income students than it is in middle or higher income students because lower income students are less likely to get tutoring during the summer or to attend educational summer programs.
10. According to a RAND study, the most effective summer classes are those that offer individualized instruction, that have parental involvement and that are small in size (making one-on-one tutoring ideal).
There are many reasons why tutoring during the summer is essential to help your children succeed in school. If you would like to take advantage of the benefits of summer tutoring, give us a call and we will set you up with one of our qualified tutors.